A Closer Look at the Impact of #GivingTuesday | Steve MacLaughlin.
Blackbaud released a #GivingTuesday Trends report and it is the most in-depth analysis of online giving trends since the event first began. The report covers #GivingTuesday data from more than 4,300 nonprofit organizations representing $55.6 million in online fundraising since 2012.
Here are some key findings from the #GivingTuesday Trends report:
- #GivingTuesday has had double-digit year-over-year growth in online donations since 2012.
- Large nonprofits have received the most donations on #GivingTuesday but this trend is shifting.
- Faith-based nonprofits now receive the largest percentage of #GivingTuesday online donations.
- Online average gift amounts exceed100 for most nonprofits on #GivingTuesday.
- About 17 percent of online donation form views on #GivingTuesday 2014 were on a mobile device.